1. Acquisition of Personal Information
ABE & PARTNERS shall lawfully and properly acquire personal information within the extent necessary for the purpose of use of such personal information.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
ABE & PARTNERS shall use personal information only for the purposes listed below. ABE & PARTNERS will never use personal information for purposes other than those listed below without the express written consent of the relevant person, unless there are any reasons authorized under Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and ordinances.
- ＜Provision of ABE & PARTNERS's legal services＞
- Performance of attorney services
- Providing information concerning ABE & PARTNERS, its lectures and seminars; sending letters of greeting; and offering other information related to ABE & PARTNERS's legal services
- Responding to inquires
- Any other services incidental to the purposes listed above
- ＜Recruiting lawyers and office staff＞
- Sending and receiving communications concerning recruitment, conducting the selection process and determining whether to offer a position to a candidate
- Conducting personnel management and providing education and training after the recruitment of a candidate
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
ABE & PARTNERS shall not provide personal information to any third party, unless the relevant person provides express written consent or a provision is authorized by law or ordinance.
4. Safe Management of Personal Information
ABE & PARTNERS shall take necessary and proper measures to prevent leakage, loss (except regular erasure of personal information) or waste of any personal information that ABE & PARTNERS handles. ABE & PARTNERS shall also necessarily and properly supervise its lawyers and office staff in their handling of personal information and, if ABE & PARTNERS entrusts the handling of personal information to any third party, ABE & PARTNERS shall monitor the entrusted third party so that the entrusted third party properly manages the personal information.
5. Reference, Disclosure, Amendment to, Deletion and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If ABE & PARTNERS is requested from the relevant person or his/her representative to refer, disclose, amend, add, delete or suspend the use of his/her personal information held by ABE & PARTNERS, ABE & PARTNERS shall confirm that such person who made such request is the person of the relevant personal information or his/her representative and respond to such request properly in accordance with Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Contact details for inquiries are listed below.
6. Contact Details for Inquiries
Please telephone the number or email the address below for any comments, questions, requests for disclosure and other inquiries concerning the treatment of personal information at ABE & PARTNERS.
Email：abe【at】abe-law.com Please change “at” to at sign.
■ Verification of Client Identity
In some circumstances, such as when we are initially retained and when we accept your retainer for representation, we may verify your identity in accordance with the “Rules Concerning Client Identity Verification and Record Preservation, Etc.” established by the Japan Federation of Bar Associations. We ask for your understanding and cooperation.
- ＜In the case of individuals＞
- We ask you to submit an official document in which your name, address and date of birth are indicated, such as your driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, pension handbook, and alien registration card, to verify your identity.
- ＜In the case of corporations＞
- We ask you to submit an official document, such as certificate of registered matters or certificate of seal impression, to verify your corporate name and location of head office, or principal place of business, and to submit business cards or other identification to verify the name and title of the person in charge.